Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wed night crit

0.55 mi loop, not technical great course. Felt weak and crappy all day and working a 10 hr office day first probably didn't help. Hungry much of day, even though I snacked a bit. legs bad. It was windy and the dry air was giving my contacts fits while warming up. I threw in some drops before the start, but my contacts went on the fritz immediately, hence I couldn't see well for 2 laps. Plus I couldn't find my gear at the start. I was dropped quick, lapped twice, and suffered to no end in no-mans land (for you tri geeks, that is riding alone between groups). However, there was no group behind me that was fast enough to ride with. I wasn't last so that is good. I rode 31 min at 21.7 mph, avg HR 180, max 191. Puked a little about 7 min in. It was brutal. At least I didn't quit.

Good training. feel awful tonight. Off day tomorrow for day long field trip for work. next Thursday, speed training starts!!

Planning long swim Friday morning followed by long bike ride. Sat morning shorter ride so I can get done and Bec and I can go to the Redbull Flugtag thingee downtown. Yup people with handbuilt crafts that can't fly, but they try and crash and in the river. Ought to be fun.

No comments: