Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tues and Wed crit

Tues Natchez Trace ride in south TN. 43 mi, 19.1 mph, almost all aerobic. High quality ride which wore me out. Then I ran 30min at a completely aerobic pace. Good little run.

The crit course was shorter then usual due to some event at LP field. They wouldn't even give us space to warm up, and with getting there late (thanks to Nashville traffic), I got in 3 miles at 12mph for a warmup for a crit!

Short course, one very tight turn (one dude did crash on it). I felt way better then last week. I was dropped and lapped, but only once. I avg'd 22.7 for 30min (avg HR 181, max 193), which is way better then last week. I ended up riding with some dude (and a chick) who pulled for 8 min or so early. Then I dropped them both, rode in no-mans land for 10min ro so trying to fight to hold them off (chick was way gone), but the dude bridged up and pulled for the last 5-6min. I couldn't have held him off myself I don't think for the rest of the race. He pulled the whole time and never asked for help, so I didn't offer. Good practice at resting, keeping a wheel, cornering (which I suck at), playing out our own little mental race, and attacking. I saved just enough to give it a go with those 2 corners left and beat him fair and square. I dug deep with 200m and 2 corners left and blew him away. I he was stronger, but didn't want to share work, so I taught him a lesson.

Tomorrow swimming and then speed session #1. Phew.

Off to PA on Friday for 10 days. Putting on a 12x27 since the mtns are long and steep. Hoping to get in a few rides up there. Have to.

No comments: