Monday, June 18, 2007

DU day

Here you go geek boy:

First 2 mi run: started at front of group, mass start. People tore out like a bat out of hell, but I ran my pace as I can't run a 6min mile out of the starting block. I hit the transition area at 14:03. 7:01-7:02 pace. Avg HR 173 (LT is 162). Say on bike by 15:15 with bad T1.

T1 wasn't really fast. Ran to my spot, and was off with bike in hand in about 40 sec. Had trouble getting on the bike and clipping in (yeah, leave shoes clipped in, not there yet getting feet in while riding. Need to practice that.)

11.4 miles on bike at 22.76 mph. 30:46 I think. Will have to check. That'd leave me at about 45:30 and come to think of it, I looked at my watch at the start of run 2 and was at 46:58, I think. But it was definitely 46 min something and almost 47 min. Anyway, I missed hitting HRM for last run split, but if it was almost 47 min in, that'd leave me with 13:20 for the last 2 miles, which is about 6:40 miles for last 2 miles. That seems about right as I ran pretty hard the whole time with my bursts of speed to challenge and pass a couple guys. I was running damn hard.

I didn't record transition times, but they could have been a few seconds faster. I was out of my cycling shoes before the line and hopped off cyclocross style and ran carrying bike to my spot in transition. T2 was probably 30 sec max with running to the back of the transition area. They didn't force people to run out the back of the transition area as they were supposed to, so people in the front had a few second advantage.

That's about the highlights. Other stuff on somershoe.blogspot.com


MONDAY SWIM:
1700m. Got hungry, good 4x300m sets. Took it slow, but swam ok. 37-39 strokes per 50m.

No comments: