Saturday, September 1, 2007

Fri Aug 30, Sat Sept 1

Fri: 2600m total with a 1.2mi set (2000m). 500m sets were 8:15, 9:18, 9:14, 9:16. Pretty consistent. No more long sets, but it was a good confidence boost.

Sat: Rode 67.5 miles, 3:50, 17.7mph. Rode slow in first hr to loosen up and lots of hills. Felt ok. Rode TT bike, with tri shorts and tri shirt and everything as I would be using on half IM day. Aerodrink bottle was great. Felt ok overall and everything was good. Drank a lot, felt full belly, and simply can't eat a GU and a Clif Bar per hour. It was gross. Did get down 3 GU's, 1.7 Clif Bars, some dried apricots (tried it out), and a banana. Simply couldn't eat more. I had 3 sets of 3 Enduralytes too. Not really hot, pleasantly warm I'd say. I drank 1 bottle Accelerade at the start and had an upset stomach, again, for about 2 hrs. Guess I'm done with Accelerade. Had to make a pit stop. Felt much better afterwards and rocked the last 12 miles home.

After the ride, I was running within 4 min. Took my time, but a quick transition. Getting hot + swollen belly = misery. I ran to a local park about 1.6 or 1.8 mi away. Ran well and felt good, despite bunches of hills and some walking involved. Drank some, poured water on head, but stomach felt like crap. Some salt on shorts at end of run (well what wasn't wet with sweat or water poured on head). Felt awful 0.5 mi from home and did the walk of shame all the way home. I felt like a sorority ho walking home after a drunken night with too many frat boys. Well, wobbly if anything. I got home and puked. I felt ok afterwards.

So....I ate decent, drank a lot, used enduralytes, weighed the same after the run as I did first thing in morning, and I actually peed mostly clear after I got done puking (even though I had salt lines on shorts). So I suffered from stomach issues related to my system hating Accelerade, which may be an isolated occurrence from the puking? Heat wasn't too big a factor, I didn't think. What happened to me today? If it was race day, I would DNF.

Thoughts?

No comments: