Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wed Sept 5th

Pm ride with new local riding buddy Jack. Did same loop north of Smyrna that I did last week with the group. Nice rollers and flats. I now know how to find my way around that loop. Pretty sweet. We did 30.1 miles, avg'd 17.8. Again, first and last 3 miles or so is on the Greenway, so we're not going 19 mph. Out on the open road we each took some good digs at 21-24+mph. Felt good considering I was unmotivated to ride as the AC has been out in our office for 2 days. I left early and worked from home today. Pounding water to stay hydrated at work.

Fortunately the AC is back on Thursday morning, otherwise I was going to go home!

Sprint Tri Sat, 400m swim, 1.5 mi run, 12.5mi bike, 1.5mi run.

Sad news, 2 cyclists in Baldwin Co, AL were killed while riding by a 19yr old, who was driving drunk at 9am on I think Tues morning. These were roadies that had been riding with a group out of a local shop. They'd gone a different direction from the other 2 guys that started that morning and sadly it was a bad decision. To top it off, the kid that hit them killed a cyclist 2 years ago. What the hell is wrong here?? Unfortunately the kid didn't get hurt I don't think when he flipped his truck, but his girlfriend went flying out the passeneger window. He should be castrated, beaten, and hung or something. Ridiculous. Sorry for the rant.

No comments: