Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sun Sept 2 - Monday Sept 3

Sudnay: Ran on the Stones River Greenway ~11.2 miles. Not completely sure of distances as the map they have leaves something to be desired. Ran well. New shoes good, but Superfeet not quite right length so I got blisters on arches. Used baby powder in socks and my feet were dry, even though the rest of me was soaked! Need something like Gold Bond powder that isn't baby smelling. My toes were sore (which happened with my old Asics), but they didn't blister. I think I curl my toes under.

Anyway, ran ~8:45 miles with a few sessions of walking in there (but mile 9-10 was killer fast!!). Ate a Gu and 3 Clif Bloks and had gatorade at mile 9 (returned to truck). I got the bloks down just fine. Felt good at end, just tired, not sore like last week. Swapping around superfeet so the one's I had in my old Asics are in my new ones. Arch support needs to be in a slightly different spot.

Time to taper. This Sat is a sprint tri that I want to drill. So shorter workouts this week.

Monday:
Pretty tired, but rode 1 hr on mostly new roads I'd never ridden at 16.5mph. Felt pretty good. Left patella a little sore (over use??).

Tues: rest day. Long work day. I'm giving a talk at 7pm in town 1:15 away, so I'll be on the clock till 10:30 or so. Uh.

No comments: