Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sat and Sun Sept 15-16

One week till the half IM, so good taper.

Sat: morning rode 43 miles, great 2.5 hr loop, avg'd 18mph. I rode a road I'd only done once ever before, but I pass it all the time. Super hilly (going west), but I took it eastbound and it was nice. One end of the road is on a more heavily travelled road, hence I never ride the road. The views going east are fantastic. New favorite road. You can see for miles. Really worth going slower at a few places.

Built shelf systems, moved a ton of wood and nailed and screwed in a lot of screws and nails. Bit sore.

Sunday: Did a fantastic 1 hr run. HR monitor said I was anaerobic a lot, but I wasn't breathing hard and felt great. Ran about 7.0-7.2 miles, 8:15-8:25 miles? Cooler weather was great, didn't sweat to death, legs felt great after being a bit sore and heavy Saturday. Ate some Clif Bloks and tried some Sports Beans. Not too sweet, but good. I ate them when I was hurting some to try to mimic suffering 4 hrs into a race:) Will aim for some bloks and sports beans in the half IM run. Never thought I'd feel so great after an hour run, felt VERY short after the long runs over the last month.

No comments: