Friday, September 7, 2007

Sept 6th

Did a double today with a planned short ride on Friday as prep for the sprint tri on Saturday.

Swam 1500m easy in morning, mid-morning actually and I sort of bonked. Outdoor pool only open now from dawn until 10am and 4pm to dusk. I can't get there too early for it'll take me 2hrs from the house with traffic, so I went at 8:30 with breakfast at 6 and a granola bar at 8:15. not enough food. Lower back a little sore.

Ran after work my 3.8 mi loop with a bunch of bitching hills. Legs sore for a few minutes but "opened up" just fine. Lower back was fairly sore, but pain came and went. Ran way too fast, majority fo run was anaerobic, but with all the hills I ran the 3.8 mi in 29:45 with an easy last couple minutes. ~7:50 miles. I subsequently laid on the floor all night as my back is killing me. Max'ing Ibuprofen and hoping I'm good for Saturday.

No comments: