Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mon-Thurs Aug 27-30

Monday: Off (body pretty sore after run, but ankles ok), bought new running shoes. Wearing them inside and will run on inside track Thursday to see how they are. If they aren't 100%, I'll be able to return them and I'll get the old Asics I had before.

Tues: Swam 2000m after I got a visit from IM Joe. I have to say Joe looked pretty refreshed considering it had only been 2 days since he did an IM. Pretty impressive.
My swim was so so. Worked on drills a lot and did 5 200m sets at 3:45-3:50. Not fast, but consistent. My swim has been suffering since the OLY tri on the 19th. I just feel like I'm not going anywhere fast and sluggish.
Rode trainer 30min in evening as it is lightning outside.

Wed: rode with group of 5 others. ALL NEW ROADS north and east of Smyrna!!! Felt fricking great. 4 of us are pretty strong, but no one wants to attack. I knew 2 of the riders and they were on tri bikes. The third guy Jack is pretty strong and chased me down one time I gave a hard effort. I did a couple hard digs and sprinted up one hill. Hit 30 at top. not bad for no sprinting this year. We did 30 mi, avg'd 18.0 mph. Will never avg fast because the first and last 4 miles are on a greenway, so we are going 13-15mph. Looking forward to riding with this group again. Jack is very good on hills while the other folks are strong on the flats, so it'll be good for me to ride with them. I'm still a better du and tri guy then them all though:)

Thursday: Feel really tired this morning. Head aching. Want to swim and run on the track, but we'll see.

No comments: