Monday, September 10, 2007

Sept 8-10

Sat was the sprint tri, see results at:
http://www.team-magic.com/results/OHT07_AG.htm

and on the Somershoe family blog.

Sunday Sept 9th: felt crappy, stomach upset, but I managed to get out between rain showers and rode the Cross bike 21 miles, mostly on greenway. Avg'd 15mph (can't do much more with the knobbies). Legs felt pretty good, but didn't have a ton of power. Might have been the 25 lbs bike I was trying to pedal.

Monday Sept 10th: Last long run pre-half IM. Up early and ran 9.3 miles. Rained yesterday and it was 100% humidty this morning. Made it really, really hard. I ran for 1:20 (8:36 miles), but it was brutal. I rang out my shirt with ease and I poured no water on my head. I walked several times to try to get my HR down, which was really high even though I didn't think I was pushing it. Avg HR was 164 and ~60% of the run was anaerobic. Not good, but I just couldn't get my HR down after I ran a race pace mile (mi 3-4).

Plan for week: swim and ride Tues (probably riding cross bike for cross season).
Wed: evening ride with the boys (yes Joe, my new boys, thinking of suggesting we start a Yahoo groups list serve for the town as a lot of folks ride).
Thurs: swim and run
Fri? rest? We'll see.

No comments: