Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Monday and Tues July 30-31, Wed rest day

Monday swam a very easy 1200m in the outdoor 50m pool. Short ladder with warm up. Felt good, just a little tired from the weekend training. Guy with broken ankle in cast (and not kicking with that leg) did laps around me, but I wasn't trying to go hard. Worked on form.

Wanted to ride with local group for first time Monday night, but I laid down for a minute to rest and slept 35min. Woke up when the group was pulling out. I was zonked so I laid low and loved it.

Tues morning: 2 hrs, very easy 33.3 miles at 16.6 mph and very low avg HR. Put little effort into the ride. Didn't feel spunky and took it easy. Then had a nice massage afterwards.

Took Tues pm off and Wed is a rest day. Heel felt fine, so that is good. A rest day will do me good, plus I'm way behind at work. Taking too much comp time and not getting enough done at work.

No comments: