Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sat Aug 11th

Long ride. Started at 6am. Rode run loop from Sunday and came nearest ever to getting hit by a car. I was careless, but reason to believe no cars would be coming. Blind corner, hands on top of bars, no brakes, etc. I saw my trajectory into the side of the car. Somehow we both swerved.

Got in 15mi before the group ride. Group split into many groups, I got in with the fast group, which was too fast. I was in the red zone too much and dropped off and rode solo. Heat wasn't bad till 10:00 or so. Took enduralytes 3 times, but it didn't help. I drank ~200 oz and was cramping 2:30 from home. I cramped bad at the end. Calves and thighs, then hammy's a little at home. I was very overheated. I rode slow at end, but was really suffering from the heat. Although my legs were cramping, I felt physically good. Legs would have been good if not for the cramps. Got home and went into a cold shower for like 15min. Helped lower my core temp. Couldn't eat for about an hour. It sucked.

I need to eat more. Felt good, but 1 banana, 2 granola bars, and 3 PowerGels were all I had in 86mi, 4:53, avg 17.7.

Now a 3 hrs drive to Memphis for a wedding and drive back in the am with long run in pm.

Hope your ride/run was better then mine.

No comments: