Friday, August 10, 2007

Aug 6-10

Rest days Monday and Tuesday as I was worn out from racing in the heat and the longer run that drained me. Drove to Bristol TN Monday (5hrs) and then the last 2 hrs or so to Roanoke on Tuesday. I didn walk 4.5 miles at a park Tues morning, so it was a good loosening.

Wed morning I went to a Y in Roanoke. Really nice new Y, 7 lane 25yd lap pool. I got in the water just before 6am and it was empty!! Had a very good 2300m swim.

Thursday rest day with a couple brews the night before, a 4 hrs meeting in the am and a 7.5 hr drive home. Then once I was home, Bec and I went and bought a new washer and dryer since the washer leaks really bad and the motor burned out. Sucking it up.

Friday, slept in until 7:45 or so. Rode 1:15, 22.4mi, at 17.99mph on rollers to flats. Felt yucky, but the more descending on the way back was nice. I was really hot and tired after the ride, but I did sit around a lot all week. Not looking forward to a long ride Sat and then driving to Memphis for an evening wedding. There is a group meeting at 7am close to the house, so I plan to get in with them. The constant long solo rides have mentally taken me out. Hopefully the "fast" group will be good. The fast group isn't all the smoking from what I've heard.

No comments: