Monday, July 30, 2007

Sun July 29th

After horrible legs yesterday, I rode 90min at noon (hotter then hell) and felt fricking great! Rode 28 some miles at 18.5 and was able to zip up all the hills. Then I mowed the yard and weedwacked and at 6pm ran 70min, ~7.5 miles. Bec dropped me off at the end of the greenway and took Nick to the Bark Park to frolic with random dogs (no humping was involved), so I finished my run at the park. Worked well. I mixed in 1 harder session (3:30 at 5k race pace) above LT and 3- 30sec walking spots to get HR down. I ran "easy" but it was tough to keep my HR down in the heat and humidity, even though it was shady and cloudy. Basically I ran to keep my HR down as best as I could, so distance wasn't there, but time running was.

Ended up running 3:10 this week, tallying about 20 miles. Mostly because I missed my long run last weekend and ran 1hr on Monday.

Might ride with a local group (just found out about) tonight, but sometimes it is a hammerfest and I need recovery. We'll see.

No comments: