Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday Aug 5th

Hotter then heck again, and it is just as hot in Nashville as in MS. I was wiped out after the race yesterday. Surprisingly tired.

Up early and ran about 9mi starting at 6:30am. I completely sweated through even my running shorts, which were pasted to me. I drank a lot and was really hot and felt a little delerious at the end. I was sliding around in my right shoe a little and started a little blister. I just can't get that shoe to fit right any more. Either too tight or too loose and I slide around a little. It was a very hard run mentally and physically, but the last 20min I felt pretty strong, well until I got close to the house and I started to give up. In 1:24, my I stayed aerobic for all but 8 min, so that was very good. Ran mostly easy, but made good time and did a bunch more hills. The tri on the 19th is very hilly and tough. 2:40 might be a realistic goal time (Olympic dist).

I rested, ate, and stretched, then went to the crit. My legs actually felt ok, but I knew the race would be bad. Race started at 10:15 and the race course has recently been blacktopped and it was oppressive. In short, got pulled in 16min (avg'd 22.6 when yanked). Sucked. So I rode with a teammate to a local greenway and got in a total of 1:10 with the run, plus 20min warm up. I stayed around to watch a race a little and called it a day.

Good weekend, but it is making me unsure of my sanity. I need a real motivator for doing my first half IM. I want to do it, but not sure why. I also am not sure how miserable it will be. At mile 56 in a regular ride, I think, now I have to run 13 miles, you have to be kidding me. I need a real drive. I'm now really tired and currently don't care about training this week. I'm travelling this week and plan to not take the bike and just find a Y for a swim and maybe a short jog, otherwise I'm laying low. I watched the HI IM coverage this afternoon and it motivated me, but a half is for woosies.

No comments: