Friday, August 17, 2007

Wed-Fri Aug 15-17

Wed night criterium race. Not going to say much other then it was really hot, my HR was maxed and I decided to ease up. Lapped a couple times and didn't fell real good, but I got in my 10th bike race so all bike stuff at the shop is at cost basically and maintenance/tune ups and all are free I think.

Thursday: Swam 1400yd in the indoor 25yd pool. Felt fine, stroke count up a little I think, but I am recovering from the 3000m swim 2 days ago. Good little swim.

Last speed session Thursday night. Only 2 of us showed up as it was 105 degrees. Since I'm racing Sunday, I told him I didn't want to run hard, but wanted to do about 3 miles. So since I want to run about an 8min mile pace Sunday (preferably faster), he had me do 200m intervals at 0:56-1:00, with 0:30 rest between each. I did them all (about 16) about :56-:57. It is an easy sustainable pace. Basically the intervals were to get me to "know the pace" I wanted to run. I can pretty easily get into the pace right from the start. Never thought of doing something like that. It was quite useful. The coach is thinking about doing sessions this fall for half and full marathoners. That'd be awesome! Maybe I'll aim for a marathon this winter.

We got custom running shirts advertising the Fleet Feet store of course and with a burning shoe on the front with "Summer Speed Sessions 2007." Good running shirt. We also got one of those posters where family can write your name on it when you're running a marathon or something. So it'll say "Run, Shoe, Run." I tried out my new trishirt during the run and liked it a lot. Quite comfy.

Friday: rest day

No comments: