Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week Aug 20-26

Day after OLY tri I took off. Actually I took 3 days off as I was pretty sore from the race. My left ankle was really sore and I sat and iced it a lot. Wore ace bandage off and on for 3 days. Good rest, but again I didn't recover from the race well. What is my problem??

Thursday 23rd: swam 1600m and out of 10 the swim was a 5. It was awful.
Rode after work in 100 degree heat and I about puked on the big climb. Rode 29miles, at 17.5 mph I think (would have to check)
Thursday PM had a cycling team meeting in downtown nashville.

Friday - I think I took the day off

Sat- HOT 100 out of Lascassas. Large organzed group ride. I rode the metric as it was hot again. Rode with a friend (Kellie, the Boston marathoner) for a bit, but I felt great and she was taking it easy after riding into a fat woman on the greenway and crashing on her left knee, which was still sore.

I ended up riding with one guy at a good pace for some 40 miles. Nice guy and we avg'd 18.8 or so. I was cramping the last 10 miles or so, but not real bad cramps. Found Kellie after the ride and we ran in the miserable heat for 38 min, 4.25 mi. It was absolutely brutal!!! Great brick though. If it wasn't hot, I'd have felt better. Actually ran well considering. Doing another 9 miles would have been death this day, but on a cooler day I could do it.

Sunday: Ran ~12miles on the greenway. Ran early, 95% shade, 100% humidity. Shoes full of seweat and water, feet blistered, lower back really sore (still is a little come Thursday!!). I ran only 9:30 miles and was hoping for faster in the half IM. Disappointing, but not bad I guess considering not used to running in the humidity and the big brick the day before.

No comments: