Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday the 12th

I planned a long run after getting back from memphis. I only had 2 beers and was the driver for a half drunk Bec at the wedding. I hydrated pretty well all night and we got back in plenty of time Sunday afternoon. I feel ok after yesterday, but fairly tired, mostly from the heat exhaustion. Air temp is 101 and even running at 6:15pm it'll be 95 degrees. With it being so hot and me being a little out of it, I'll do my long run Monday morning early. Not wanting to wait and rest Sunday, but I better as it is a little dangerous to run right now. The heat is a dry heat (~19% humidity), but it dehydrates you rapidly and was rough Sat.

Not looking forward to a very hilly OLY tri on Sunday morning. I know it'll be tough since only 1 person was under 2 hrs last year and my 2:30 of Chattanooga would be a pretty darned good time. Gonna be tough.

Long run last Sunday was 9.5 miles, 8:50 miles. Pretty fast considering how slow I felt I ran, number of hills, and how hot it was.

No comments: