Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday Long Ride

In-laws in town, so I started early. On bike by 6:30. Felt ok with the rest day yesterday, much of which was spent sitting in the meeting, 3hrs sitting in the airport, and a bit on the plane. Accelerade didn't settle well again and after 1 hr I stopped and puked on the road side. I felt infinitely better. Legs not good, but then again I had a head wind for the first 3 hrs. I set a PR on the long climb I ride once in a while. Did it in 3:54. Not sure what my record was, might have been 3:56. Couldnt find all my times I've saved in my log. Anyway, rode it well without trying hard.

After emptying my stomach and with 3.5 hrs left to ride, I started eating a lot. Felt good. Stopped 3 times to pick up gatorade/powerade. Drank a lot and took 3 doses of enduralyte pills, but my calves still cramped at the end. I missed a turn and decided to explore new roads. So I ended far from home, but it was nice. I had nothing on the longer hills, but I managed to get a tailwind 3 hrs in and then I tailored the ride for all flats for the last hr.

Ended up with: 81.3mi, avg 17.7 mph, 4:37 total time with 3:45 under LT. I finished strong, so that is good.

Long run planned tomorrow, but not sure when with the in-laws here.

No comments: